ETSI EN 301 489-1 V2.1.1 (2017-02), “ElectroMagnetic Compatibility (EMC) standard for radio equipment and services; Part 1: Common technical requirements; Harmonised Standard covering the essential requirements of article 3.1(b) of Directive 2014/53/EU and the essential requirements of article 6 of Directive 2014/30/EU” has now been published – download (free of charge) from:
|Date of adoption of this EN:||23 January 2017|
|Date of latest announcement of this EN (doa):||30 April 2017|
|Date of latest publication of new National Standard
or endorsement of this EN (dop/e):
|31 October 2017|
|Date of withdrawal of any conflicting National Standard (dow):||31 October 2018|
Key changes in this version, (see Annex D of the standard)
- Radiated immunity testing to a continuous sweep between 80 MHz and 6 000 MHz at 3V/m, as opposed to the previous frequency range of 80 MHz to 1 000 MHz and 1 400 MHz to 2 700 MHz in earlier editions of the ETSI EN 301 489 series.
- New derivations of exclusion bands more closely linked to the operational characteristics of the radio link(s) in the EUT. In many cases this has resulted in new exclusion bands in the individual parts of the ETSI EN 301 489 series.
- Surge test method aligned with CENELEC EN 61000-4-5.
- Also with this version the previous annex B that dealt with aftermarket fitment of radio equipment into vehicles has been removed following the demise of the EU motor vehicle EMC Directive.
- Those parts of annex C that covered combined equipment have been removed.
The above changes impact all other parts of the ETSI EN 301 489 series
More information regarding the changes between the different versions of the ETSI EN 301 489 series may be found in ETSI TR 103 088
Last Updated on